Meanwhile, I spent my last day in America walking around Boston and picking up some last minute necessities. I decided, like any regular human being, to stop at an atm machine to get cash to purchase said necessities. This is how that went:
brian: why hello atm machine, may i please have some money?
atm: OH HAI I'Z GONNA EATZ UR ATM CARD LOL BYE
brian: wtf.
YES. THE ATM ATE MY CARD.
This would not be much of a problem if i weren't GOING TO EUROPE IN ONE DAY.
So I immediately ran over to the nearest Bank of America to solve this dilemma.
Banks are all the same. The lights are too bright, the air is too thick, and there is an atmosphere of Quiet Importance. I approached the desk, and a heavily-accented gentleman named Dimitri asked me iv he could help me wiv anysing.
I said, "Sir, your defective ATM machine has swallowed my card whole and I demand you right this situation at once."
And then I punched him in the face.
No. But I did make it clear that this was a huge problem, and he said that a new card can be delivered to my home on Friday. Wonderful. Except I'll be in The Netherlands. So the deal is, I'll live off of my cash for awhile and Bonnie and Billy will send the card to me ASAP in the mail. LOVELY.
oh well.
twenty three hours to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment